Alan Denney, New Background Gallery – Dalston in the 70S/80S, 24/10/2011, Accessed 24/02/2014, http://ntslive.co.uk/new-background-gallery-dalston-in-the-70s80s-by-alan-denney/
After taking a walk around in Dalston, I started exploring the history of the architechture and admiring at the same time. I have lived near Dalston for a while now and I had never noticed its beauty and history until I stopped and went on a search for buildings that may still be built from the 70s or 80s.
A little after my trip to Dalston, I was able to meet with a friend of mine and her mother who lives in Dalston now and was there during the 70s and 80s period. We met in Angel, Starbucks and I was able to interview her with a few curious questions about houses in those periods to get a clearer image of how I would potentially want to decorate the set for my film. I was also curious as to what they wore during those times and how culture affected everything. Here is the interview..
1. How old were you in the 70s/80s and what is your heritage?
2.What was the Atmosphere like in the streets of Dalston on a typical day?
3.What did the buildings look like during the 70s/80s?
4. How much did Culture affect people’s individual lives?
5. In your home, What did your Room, Living room & Kitchen look like in the 70s/80s?
6.What was a common trend for people to have in their houses in Dalston?
7. How did people dress on a typical day in Dalston in those times?
8. What did people do for entertainment, was it all based in Dalston?
9. What was it like to study in the 70s/80s in Dalston?
10. Was there a problem with White and Black people mixing?